GET It vIDEO series has been moved to a different location. you will be redirected momentarily.
Watch for phishing emails with the following “red flags”:
- From a person you don’t know.
- In a different language or with questionable spelling or grammar.
- Asking you to reply with personal information of any kind.
- Starting with a subject line that says “Re:” or “Fwd:” when you never contacted the person beforehand.
- Stating that you won a lottery, inheritance, estate, supermodel wife, or anything else of this kind
- An advertisement from a company you haven’t heard of or shown interest in
Follow our tips to prevent identity theft:
- Don’t open emails with red flags
- Use anti-virus software and update it on a regular basis
- Don’t publish your email address on blogs or social media
- Hover over any link in any email to see where the link will take you first. Don’t click it if you don’t recognize the website, and even if you do, copy and paste the address into a new tab.
- Be sure to know who you are sending all your emails too!
To report spam, contact OIT at 210-458-5555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More GET IT Videos
INTRODUCTION TO GET IT
Did You GET IT?
The GET IT video series provides useful information for everyone at UTSA in getting the most out of technology at school, work or home. Check out GET IT episodes so you keep up with the most up to date technology information and useful tips.
Didn't GET IT?
Check out the GET IT episodes you might have missed! You can use the navigation arrows to the left to view the next topic and highlights.